I just started reading “21 Tests of Effective Leadership” by Larry Kreider and already found a great quote in the Introduction! Larry outlines 21 tests that God takes leaders through as He develops their character. I can relate to many of them just by reading some of the chapter titles:
- The Calling Test – An effective leader will discover his calling and trust God to manifest it.
- The Humility Test – Effective leaders give credit to others
- The Releasing Test – An effective leader knows how to empower others
- The Transition Test – An effective leader understands and leads to process of change
- The Criticism Test (I can really relate to this one) – An effective leader accepts criticism and grows in the process
- The Conflict Test – An effective leader embraces healthy confrontation
- The Integrity Test – An effective leader is the same in public as in private
- The Security Test – Effective leaders find security in who they are, not in what they do
- The Expectations Test – Effective leaders avoid unmet expectations
- The Perseverance Test – Effective leaders never give up!
- The Timing Test – Effective leaders understand times and seasons
- The Kingdom Test – Effective leaders focus on the eternal kingdom
Right now Larry is offering his book at a 50% discount. You can learn more about it at http://www.dcfi.org/House2House/21_Tests_of_Leadership.htm
I can already tell that these principles are very consistent with the principles of Police Dynamics and Dynamic Leadership. I look forward to reading the rest of the book…